Its a homemade Christmas chez moi this year. I’ll be posting lots of t-shirt gifts in the next few weeks.
Here is the first t-shirt project.
☆I have never appliqued before so any advice would be warmly welcome. I am unsure how to bond/adhere fabric to fabric (wonderweb/fabric glue/simply sewing?).☆
Okay so here goes for tractor t-shirts:
Challenge: moderate to easy depending on your confidence with a sewing machine.
Time: 1 and a half hours [it’s always hard to tell as I’m usually doing a couple of things at once. I need to start putting on a timer!].
→ Felt [Tiger have packs of 5 sheets for £ 1 at the moment]
→ Thread the colour of your felt
→ Scissors [fabric and paper]
1. Draw a tractor that fits your t-shirt. Cut out design.
2. Pin design to felt. Cut out.
3. Pin felt design to t-shirt and sew carefully around the edges of your felt design.
4. Remove pins and admire handywork
5. Sew buttons to tractor wheels.
Remember to keep checking that the back of the t-shirt doesn’t get caught whilst stitching. You don’t want to sew the front and back together!
♡ Share the love♡
Show me your designs and finished products. Plus any advice on applique skills and techniques.