I love reading. Always have. Always will.
I recently took a stroll over to pomegranate and chintz and read that Meredithe is participating in ‘Thirteen books in 2013’ set up by Little White Dove. What a great idea! I’m in! I shouted (out loud and to myself).
This will be a perfect way of making sure I continue to read and don’t let the fabric overtake my life!
I’m a little late to the party so I will have to play catch up. I usually only read books through recommendation as I spend a.g.e.s in book shops and still can’t decide! So please, please do offer me some suggestions. Usually I read novels based on family relationships or that have a historical basis. However, I had a huge diversion in 2012 and devoured the Twilight series *blush* No, I will stand loud and proud as I did read them! In 2007-present day brought a twist of fantasy (never thought I’d enjoy that genre but I am hooked).
My favourite books of all time would probably be (in no particular order) and caveat – I don’t usually re-read books so some of these were read and remembered from a long time ago!
– Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
– Any of the Robin Hobb Trilogies
– The Poisonwood Bible
– Maps for Lost Lovers
– Redeeming Love
– What’s so Amazing About Grace?
So dear bloggers, Please offer me up your most favourite reads so that I may too devour and love them. (The comments section can look a little hidden-Click on the number to the right hand side of the post title)
My Plan So Far for Thirteen13
Jan – Awaken His Eyes: The Awakend 1 – by Jason Tesar (Fantasy) (read so I’ll count it)
April – Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb (her newest release Mar 2013! Kindly bought by my lovely brother xx)
From memory – books of 2012:
– Twilight saga (1,2 & 3) by Stephenie Meyer
– Fifty Shades of Gray (1, 2 & 3) by E.L.James
– The Host (Are you sensing a theme here?!- I needed light relief reading) – by Stephenie Meyer
– Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson
– The One you Love by Paul Pilkington
– The Virgin’s Lover by Phillippa Greogory
– The Novel in the Viola by Natasha Solomons
– Before I Go To Sleep by Stephen J. Watson
– The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards
– Room by Emma Donoghue
There were some others I loaned from the library but it was so long ago the books have faded into the depths of my memory.
Do let me and Little White Dove know if you will participate too. Don’t forget you can hashtag thirteen13 on twitter.
Muchos love reading friends
- Lover of Dragons? – Robin Hobb is the one to read (gcbooks.wordpress.com)