This afternoon after a day of admin, clients and driving through heavy traffic to a basic life support workshop I received a lovely email telling me that I had won the pumpkin competition! Yay! I was thrilled as I thought the winner had been chosen several days ago.
A lovely treat and surprise. So far I have only been in The Gantry twice. Once with my minou for a little dessert treat and secondly to drop off the pumpkin. I can’t wait to go back with friends to enjoy a meal x Even the loo is beautiful… you must go…
Nearly finished a soft and snuggly dressing gown for my wee one. I’ll post it soon…
I have been loving the alternative pumpkin carving that has been around this year. When I saw a competition at my new local cafe I couldn’t resist.
Time: 2 hrs (hard to tell as I was also baking some biscuits at the same time)
→ Sharp knife
[→ Hammer, Cookie Cutters]
1. Draw design on paper to size that fits your pumpkin.
2. Cut off top of your pumpkin about 1-2 inches from stalk. Try to slant your knife so the lid fits nicely on top and doesn’t fall inside.
3. Scrape out pulp and seeds. [Separate seeds, toss in extra virgin olive oil and roast in oven for 20mins at 180c, season with salt, pepper and spices~ eat and enjoy as you carve].
4. Tape design to pumpkin and trace around gently with knife. Remove design and carve. To get different light tones for your design detail, cut off skin of pumpkin.
5. Light tea light and place inside. Enjoy!
Tip: You can hammer cookie cutters into pumpkin for pretty uniform shapes.
♡Let me see your designs!♡